Ottiya Classes Community Standards
Ottiya is an open community of learners, parents and teachers. We are connected by technology and united by a desire to help children to have meaningful, creative, and fun learning. All our classes are offered by independent teachers, who format their content for their own classes.
While Ottiya’s community is our greatest source of strength, it is important to us that Ottiya is a safe space for our users. Our members should treat each other without bias or prejudice across all pillars of diversity including, but not limited to, ethnicity, religion, race, nationality, and gender identity.
Below is a list of guidelines that we ask our Ottiya community to observe. Kindly note that any member who does not meet these guidelines will be removed from the site.
Student Code of Conduct
- – Try to be on time for the class and be ready
- – Dress appropriately for class to help create a safe and comfortable environment for all learners and the teacher
- – Treat your classmates and teacher with respect
- – Be responsible for making each class a great learning experience for yourself and your classmates: stay on topic, participate and avoid distractions
- – Contribute to the classroom environment in a way that is safe and welcoming for learners and teachers from all backgrounds, beliefs, and countries
Parent Code of Conduct
- – Provide constructive feedback about your child (learners) class experience, for the benefit of the teacher and other parents
- – Help keep Ottiya a safe space for learners, families, and teachers from all backgrounds, beliefs, and countries
- – Communicate questions to teachers to clarify any missing details about classes
Teacher Code of Conduct
- – Classes should be offered only where you have appropriate background or expertise
- – Classes should be taught professionally: be well prepared, begin on-time, and treat all learners with respect
- – Do not teach while impaired by alcohol or drugs, and do not model any behavior that a student age 18 or younger is restricted from doing
- – Respond promptly to parent questions and requests
- – Adhere to our class content policy by only offering secular, objective, age-appropriate classes
- – Create a safe and welcoming space for learners and families from all backgrounds, beliefs, and locations
Ottiya Code of Conduct
- – Ottiya welcomes members from all backgrounds, beliefs, and nationalities who are committed to creating a safe space for our users across all pillars of diversity
- – Ottiya will listen to feedback from parents, teachers, and learners, and make changes accordingly
- – Ottiya will respond promptly to questions and issues that arise
We also ask that all members assume the best intentions in others. If something goes wrong, such as technical glitch, an email without a response, or other, we kindly ask that you share feedback in a constructive way. Thank you.