Ottiya exists for people to share their opinions, thoughts, and ideas, and to move conversation forward about creative learning. We support vigorous debate of substantive issues.
Ottiya.com is an open platform for Ottiya contributors and readers to write and share their views and opinions. However, Ottiya.com is is a shared space. We may vet or approve posts before our users publish them because we want to help users to have share and read meaningful content and to make sure that many different kinds of ideas and people to thrive here.
Some types of speech tend to stop good conversation from ever happening rather than advancing it. In deciding whether someone has violated the rules, we will take into account things like the context and nature of the posted information and applicable privacy laws.
Threats of violence and incitement
Don’t threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
We don’t allow content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
Ottiya exists to share and discuss ideas, not to exact revenge or put private people on blast. We don’t tolerate harassment, which includes:
- Bullying or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
- Posting copies of private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication
- Doxing, which includes not only private or obscure personal information but also the aggregation of publicly available information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, or endanger
- Using Ottiya features like comments, recommendations, and follows in a way intended to annoy or harass someone
- Posting intimate or explicit images taken or posted without the subject’s express consent.
Don’t use Ottiya for spamming. All spam will be immediately removed from Ottiya. While it is hard to define this content with precision or completeness, here are some representative behaviors we look for that are characteristic of spam:
- Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site
- Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
- Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
- Performing a large number of account interactions in a short time period, particularly by automated means. This includes bulk, indiscriminate following of other accounts (follow spam)
- Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion
For each of these behaviors, when we talk about “content,” we mean not only posts but also any other feature that allows you to add your own text or media. When we talk about “interactions,” we mean any feature that allows one user to interact with another.
Marketing and promotional content
Users may not post content that explicitly promotes use of or purchase of a product or service outside of Ottiya.com unless the user has paid for the ability to use this feature.
Paid, automatic, bulk, or non-genuine interactions
Ottiya depends on various user behaviors — like follows and recommends — to determine what content to feature and make the site work well for everyone. So, we don’t allow artificial behaviors that skew this system and as a result degrade or distort other users’ experiences.
- Don’t buy, sell, or trade in account interactions — including follows, recommends, highlights, or responses
- Don’t use services, apps, or arrangements that offer you more follows, recommends, or other interactions on your Ottiya account or content
- Don’t register accounts, post content, or interact with users or content automatically, systematically, or programmatically
Copyright and trademark infringement
Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Unless you’re authorized to use someone else’s copyrighted work or trademark (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don’t do it. We respond to notices of alleged infringement as described in our Terms and Services.
Don’t impersonate someone else in a way likely to deceive people. Don’t use Ottiya for phishing or fraud. Don’t use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don’t link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts. Don’t use deception to generate revenue or traffic.
Porn and graphic content
Don’t post pornographic images or videos. Don’t post gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, even if it’s not pornographic.
Exploitation of minors
Don’t post anything promoting the sexual or violent exploitation of children.
Don’t post content that violates others’ privacy, including personally identifying or confidential information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other non-public information.
Promotion and glorification of self-harm
Don’t encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm.
How to report a violation
If you find a post or account on Ottiya.com that violates these rules, please send us an email to legal[at]ottiya.com.
If you break the rules
If it looks like you’ve violated these policies, we may send you an email and ask you to explain what you’re up to and why. If you don’t adequately explain yourself or fix the problem, we may suspend your account or remove your content. We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community.
We may enforce, or not enforce, these policies at our sole discretion. These policies don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act.
We also may change these rules at any time. If you have questions or feedback about these rules, let us know. You can contact us at legal[at]ottiya.com