Learn the Korean alphabet (hangul), Korean phrases, and culture through Ottiya’s Beginner Korean Homeschooling Curriculum! This curriculum has been created for students whose first language is English and have zero to minimal exposure to Korean language. Students who are enrolled in Ottiya’s Beginner Korean Zoom classes are highly encouraged to use this curriculum for continued learning beyond the classes. We also recommend this for families who are looking for beginner Korean resources for kids.
- Beginner Korean Homeschooling Curriculum includes:
- Key phrases
- Tips from our Korean teachers
- AI-generated pronunciation sounds like this →안녕하세요 (works on desktop + android devices) + (an-nyeong-ha-sae-yo) (romanized English)
- Activity Ideas
- Printable worksheets
After purchasing the curriculum, you will have access to content for Beginner Korean 1A and 1E. The curriculum is updated on a weekly basis on Wednesdays at 4:30PM PST. The curriculum may expand to other units if there is enough interest from families.
- Beginner Korean 1A covers:
- Korean 1A is the first unit in the Beginner Korean series for kids. In this unit, kids will begin to learn how to write/recognize the Korean alphabet Hangul (beginning with some simple consonants). They will also learn how to introduce themselves, greet people, and ask for directions. Culturally, kids will also learn about different places in Seoul! Wow~it’s Seoul! 우와~서울이다!
- Beginner Korean 1E covers:
- Through Korean 1E, kids will be able to talk about eating and write/recognize vocabulary that features four vowel sounds (모음), the simple consonants, and two double consonants (쌍자음). Culturally, kids will also be able to talk about Korean cuisine! Mmm.. delicious! 음~ 맛있겠다!
How it works:
After you purchase access, you will be automatically redirected to the page for the Beginner Korean curriculum. Afterwards, you will be able to access the content on our “Homeschooling Curriculum and Resources” page after logging in. If you are stuck or need help, please check out the FAQ page or send us a message on the bottom-left hand of your screen.
Please note that by purchasing access to the Beginner Korean Homeschooling Curriculum, you are limited to one device at a time per user. All materials that are part of the curriculum (that includes materials such as, but are not limited to images, video, and written content) are copyrighted and are for personal non-commercial use only. You may not reproduce, transmit, or distribute the materials for/to anyone else.