1. What Can be Sold on Ottiya
Ottiya is a unique marketplace for creative learning. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Ottiya must be related to creative learning created by you (the seller).
You agree that:
- All items that you sell are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You are using your own photographs — not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling personalized or made-to-order items in the Handmade category, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
2. What Can’t be Sold on Ottiya
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, Ottiya reserves the right to prohibit or remove items up for sale on Ottiya.com if the items are deemed to go against the mission and vision of Ottiya or violate intellectual property policies, or is otherwise not appropriate for our audience. Reselling is not allowed on Ottiya.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Ottiya’s review. Ottiya may remove any listings that violate our policies. Ottiya may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations.
3. Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
At Ottiya, we value transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items and your business.
By selling on Ottiya, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About section.
- Honor your Shop Policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Ottiya.
- Not create duplicate shops.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
4. Communicating with Other Ottiya Members and Privacy
You can use Ottiya Shop Inquiry to communicate directly with your sellers. Inquiry is a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Ottiya. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Ottiya Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as ‘click fraud’.
Any use of Ottiya Conversations to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred. If you receive an Inquiry that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
5. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Ottiya, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Inquiry, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
6. Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Ottiya. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating within 100 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Ottiya or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
7. Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Ottiya, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country.
- Respond to Conversations in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute Resolution team can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers.
8. Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarize yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Ottiya Conversations and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
Ottiya’s Case System
We ask buyers to contact a seller directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Ottiya. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Conversations from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within seven days or the time frame noted by Ottiya in the case. Ottiya reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
By using Ottiya’s case system, you understand that Ottiya may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. Cases can be filed in the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Ottiya.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Conversations.
If Ottiya determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Ottiya’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Ottiya, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Ottiya’s checkout system.
When a dispute is ineligible for our case system, we encourage both parties to work together to come to an amicable solution.