My name is Rufina and I’m a teacher at Ottiya! 📖I love to tell stories through words, illustrations, music and even through cool stuff like augmented reality! I’m really excited to meet you in class soon. Looking forward to having tons of fun together 🙂
Four things about Rufina:
- I love reading with students!
- I help make the podcast “Good Night with Foundy” with Foundy (the puppy) and Runaverse!
- I like making books for kids, parents, and teachers with friends from all over the world.
- I also love to make things that move and jump with animation and programming
Rufina’s class offerings:
Rufina’s online classes in action!
When I was a little girl:
I loved going to my friends’ houses for play dates–we built forts and went on imaginary adventures together! I also liked to play in the playground. I especially loved going on the swings and going down slides. How about you?
Rufina is the Co-Founder and Creative/Editorial Director of Ottiya. She started out her career as a K-12 teacher at Chadwick International School (focused on Grades K-5 + Model United Nations for middle school students) and later worked as a curriculum designer and education researcher for organizations such as Project Zero at the Harvard Graduate School of Education and the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
Apart from her education background, Rufina also has an extensive media background and has worked with clients such as Google, New York Times T Brand Studio, Volvo Group, and MetLife.
- – Trinity College, University of Toronto: Hon B.A. International Relations and Asia Pacific Studies
- – Harvard Graduate School of Education: Ed.M. International Education Policy
- – Creativity: creative storytelling (e.g. writing, illustration, animation)
- – Core Subjects: K/1 all subjects
- – STEM: programming with Unity
- – Other 21st Century Skills: design thinking, innovation, social entrepreneurship