Ottiya Classes Recordings Policy
Ottiya makes recordings of all live classes to provide coaching for teachers, safety, and customer support purposes. We value student privacy, and our use of recordings is limited to situations where it provides significant value.
Recordings are provided to teachers and students for the following limited purposes, and no others (unless Ottiya obtains additional approval for):
- – for enrolled students who missed class and informed the teacher that they would be absent before a class starts
- – for teachers to improve their classes
- – before class recordings are sent to students/families, they must agree not to share it with anyone
- – families can only take pictures and videos depicting their own learners participating in the class. It is not okay to capture or share other learners’ faces or names
Ottiya retains videos for three years.
- – Ottiya takes students’ privacy seriously. We never share class recordings (or any personally identifying information) outside Ottiya unless students’ identities (names and faces) have been protected like in this video
For Teachers: every class recording link/file should be sent to Ottiya once class is done. It is the teachers responsibility to have all classes recorded. In the event that an enrolled student requests a class recording (because she/he missed a class and had provided advance notice of being absent), but the recording is not available, teachers may have to provide a make-up class without extra charge to the student.