Your privacy is important to us.
Information Ottiya Collects
Ottiya may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
- Personal Information. “Personal Information” refers to information that lets Ottiya know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g., name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). Ottiya may collect Personal Information when you use our Services, including, without limitation, this list of options (herein, “Shared Information”):
- Registration. Registration for Ottiya requires that you supply certain personally identifiable information, including, in most cases, a unique e-mail address and demographic information. Purchases made through Ottiya require that you supply your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card number and other billing information.
- Paid Products and Services. To enable the purchase of subscriptions to Ottiya publications and other products from our store, we collect and store billing and credit card information. This information will be shared only with third parties who perform tasks required to complete purchase transactions. Examples of this include order fulfillment and credit card payments.
- Registration for Our Services via Third-Party Tools. You may choose to log on or create or enhance your profile on our Services by utilizing a supplied third-party login provider (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, OpenID). By doing this, you are asking each login provider to send us registration information from your profile within their service. We treat that information as we do any other information you give us when you log on, register, or create a profile.
- User-Generated Comments and Public Activities (including Comments and Social Sharing). We offer you opportunities to engage in public activities on our Services. “Public Activities” are any actions you take on Ottiya or Twitter and Facebook that are designed to be visible to other users on our Services, including commenting and posting to Facebook or Twitter. Any information you disclose in your Public Activities, including your screen name, and any image or photo, becomes public and may be used by Ottiya, without notice to or consent from you and without compensation to you, for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media. If you chose to engage in Public Activities, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to submit can be read, collected, and used by other readers of these areas, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums, and Ottiya has no responsibility to publish, take down, remove, or edit any Public Activities.
- If you have signed up for an Ottiya account, we will track and aggregate your Public Activities on our Services. If you choose to participate in Public Activities, you are electing to share and display such Public Activities on our Services. Also, Public Activities may be included in RSS feeds or APIs and made available to other websites in other formats. As a result, your Public Activities may appear on other websites, blogs, or feeds.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Special Offers. Ottiya may collect information from you in connection with contests, sweepstakes, and special offers. If this information is shared with a third party, we will notify you at the time of collection. If you do not want any personal information shared, you may always decline to participate in the sweepstakes, contest, or special offer.
- Surveys, Panels, and Market Research. Ottiya may collect personal information from you in connection with voluntary surveys. Unless we notify you otherwise at the time of collection, the information you provide in response to optional survey questions may be shared, but only in aggregate form, with advertisers and partners.
- Usage Data. Ottiya may collect information as you interact with the Services. For example, each time you visit the Services, we may automatically collect the Web page you came from, the URL you go to next, and the Web page(s) that you access during your visit.
- Non-Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g., demographic information or website visits). Ottiya may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above, as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below. For example, each time you visit the Services, we may automatically collect your IP address, browser and computer type, and access time.
How Ottiya Collects Your Information
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all Ottiya’s customers worldwide.
- Registration. Ottiya may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Ottiya Network. Failure to provide all information required by Ottiya may prevent access to any or all of the Ottiya Network, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all of the Ottiya Network.
- Information Collected Through Technology. Ottiya Services may gather the previously referenced Personal Information and Non-Personal Information by the following methods:
- Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Ottiya Services. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Ottiya Network unavailable to you.
- We may also use “pixel tags,” which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of the Services. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL of the page on which the tag appears; the time (and length of time) the page containing the tag was viewed; the type of browser that retrieved the tag; and the identification number of any cookie previously placed by that server on your computer.
- We may use pixel tags, provided either by us or by our third-party advertisers and ad networks, to collect information about your visit-including the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with our Services-and use them in combination with our cookies to provide offers and information of interest to you.
- We also may allow certain analytic services and providers of applications used on the Services (e.g., sharing buttons) to collect Non-Personal Information by placing cookies on the Services that will track certain performance measures, such as Web traffic, click-throughs, etc., in order to assist us and our service providers in better understanding and serving the interests of our users.
- IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Ottiya Services anonymously without becoming a registered User. Even in such cases, Ottiya may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet service provider. Each time you access the Ottiya Services and each time you request one of Ottiya’s pages, the server logs your IP address.
- Beacons. Beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in Web pages, applications, and e-mails. Ottiya may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Ottiya sends to users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails.
- Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Ottiya Services and you post Ottiya materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound, and other related content contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third-party website, Ottiya may still track and capture Personal Information and Non-Personal Information associated with those materials.
How Ottiya Uses Your Information
- System Administration. Ottiya may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Ottiya servers, monitoring Ottiya’s system performance and traffic on the Ottiya Network, and gathering broad demographic information about Ottiya customers.
- E-mail. Ottiya complies fully with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
- Newsletters. Ottiya offers e-mail newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located at the bottom of each newsletter. To manage your Ottiya e-mail preferences, please click on the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of any newsletter you’ve received.
- Promotional E-mails. Ottiya may also periodically e-mail you messages about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. You may choose not to receive messages in the future by following the “unsubscribe” instructions located at the bottom of each e-mail.
- Contact Information. If you contact Ottiya by telephone, e-mail, or letter, Ottiya may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the website, Ottiya may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact Ottiya to request the removal of this information from Ottiya’s database.
- Advertising. From time to time, we may share your Usage Data and Non-Personal Information to enable third parties who serve advertisements on the Services to deliver advertisements that will be relevant to you. We will not, however, share any such information in a manner that would enable the advertiser to personally identify you.
- Targeted Advertising. In order to serve offers and advertisements that may be of interest to our users, we may display targeted advertisements on the Services based on Personal Information and Non-Personal Information provided by those users, including zip code and profile.
- Your Options and Information about Advertisers and Targeted Ads. You can learn more about the advertising companies and what options they may offer you regarding cookies and targeted advertising by reviewing the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out directory. Many of these companies are also members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance, which each provide a simple way to opt out of ad targeting from participating companies.
- Aggregated Data. From time to time, we may share aggregated User Information with third parties. We will not, however, share any aggregated data in a manner that would enable the recipient to personally identify you.
- Service Providers. From time to time, we may enter into relationships with third parties who provide services to us (e.g., data management and storage services or credit card processing services). In those circumstances, we disclose User Information that is necessary for such service providers to perform those services, and we require that they maintain the confidentiality of such User Information.
If you identify any User Information as public, you are authorizing us to share such information publicly. For example, you may elect to make certain Shared Information (such as your alias, bio, e-mail or photos) publicly available. Also, there may be areas of the Services (e.g., message boards, discussion rooms, and other digital forums) in which you are able to post information that will be available to all other users of the Services. By choosing to use these areas, you understand and agree that anyone may access, use, and disclose any information that you post to them. We are not responsible for the use or misuse by others of any such information.
Mobile and Location-Based Services
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information
- Security Measures. Ottiya takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not liOttiyaed to, internal reviews of: (a) Ottiya ‘s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Ottiya stores Personal Information. All Ottiya employees, contractors, and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, for unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
- Third-Party Links. The Ottiya Network may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, Ottiya may use third parties to provide components of the Ottiya Network. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Ottiya. Ottiya : (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products, or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children, and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
Links to Other Services and Websites
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of these Services are subject to the Terms of Service.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Issues
We do not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part thereof, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the Services’ availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and at our sole discretion. By using the Services and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries, such as the United States, which may provide a different level of data security from your country of residence.
Special Note for Our International Visitors
Our Services are intended for and directed to users in the Republic of Korea. If you are accessing our Services from any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from Republic of Korea laws, please be advised that through your continued use of our Services, which are governed by Republic of Korea law, this Privacy Notice, and our Terms of Service, you are transferring your Personal Information to the Republic of Korea and you consent to that transfer.
Special Note for Ottiya Contributors
Ottiya contributors may have access to special Services within Ottiya’s overarching Services.
How to Access and Change Your Personal Information
You may contact us as follows:
Ottiya | hello[at]ottiya.com
Last updated: March 14, 2018